Welcome to the wilds! New Jersey for me was like crossing the border into Tijuana. Sure, the new lifestyle was crazy, but no one would ever admit to living there. When my husband’s job was relocated here in August 2010, we both were frightened. Now we’re learning about life, love, and marriage in this strange new culture. Feel free to tag along for the adventure.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Laundry Antics

After the shopping trip to Tannersville, my husband and I had a serious discussion about how to keep clothes looking nice. After all, it’s unkind to give a shirt a forever home only to wear it thin within weeks, throw it in a pile of the unwanted and transform it into a rag; thereby stripping it of any dignity.

“In order to keep shirts nice,” I said, “anything that needs to be washed in a delicate cycle with cold or warm water goes in the right side of our hamper…where as hot water washes go in the left.”

“Okay,” he agreed.

The passage of one week…

Last night, I had crawled in bed, hunkering down for the cool New Jersey night. My husband was changing into his bedclothes and I heard him saying, “Left…right…left…right…left…right…” over and over again.

I, having forgot the hamper conversation, wondered what in the world had him so perplexed.

When at last he crawled into bed, I asked, “Honey, what were you talking about over there?”

“I couldn’t remember which side was which,” he replied.

“So what’d you pick?”

“The Floor.”

I nod my head to his engineering ways, he is one inventive man!

P.S. Don’t forget to try the challenge on the September 22 Post!

No comments:

Post a Comment